Monday, December 1, 2008

Astronomical Event

Bob writes:

I got myself out of the recliner and onto the driveway Monday night to take this photo showing the crescent moon, Venus (the bottom planet) and Jupiter (the upper one). It was a beautiful sight in the south west sky at dusk. This shot captured the effect of "earth shine" (the sun reflecting off our planet and partially lighting the darker portion of the moon. I especially like the radiations of light coming from Venus when you see it in a larger size.

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I tried to see it but it's too overcast here. So I'm glad you posted the photo.

Kurt said...

Very cool, I wish I would have seen it, but slept through it.

Ur-spo said...

it was lovely; I saw it last night.
I am trying to recall from astrology what this symbolizes and means.