Monday, July 27, 2009

Poem

I wrote this in 2005. I was having a conversation with Jon just now and was reminded of it so you get it for today. Nothing much is happening, with the exception of two Jehovah's Wittless (intended) coming by to try to convert me. I swear I am going to put up a sign. NO RELIGIOUS SOLICITATION. Anyway here is the poem

People
Most people sing just one song
give just one speech,
have just one conversation –
usually with themselves.

Most people dance
just one dance,
walk just one walk
Go to just one place - many times.

Most Rock Stars give the same concert
over and over.
Most comedians tell the same joke -
although sometimes with different punch lines.

Most Authors who write just one book
can do it many times.

Most politicians have just one idea –
usually some else’s.
If you change your audience no one knows you are boring!

Some people however
Sing several songs,
Dance many dances,
Walk in different worlds.

Some people have endless conversations with many people.

Some people never listen
but others always do.

Some people stand out and stand up.

They are original, diverse, endlessly fascinating shining stars.

5 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I got this comment in an e-mail

Just politely them that you are in the Jehovah Witness Protection
Program..........they will leave.

Nessa said...

I liked your poem.

The comment above is funny.

We had JW's come to our house on Christmas Eve once. When they were leaving, my brother wished them a Merry Christmas.

I just put my dog on the front porch. He's a crazy barker. They do not come near.

Nessa said...

PS - My daughter just received an A on her essay defending Freemasonry (her husband and FIL are masons.)

DonM said...

My current rottweiler doesn't help much, but our last one would go to the door when the doorbell rang, and jumped up and down in front of the door so high that his head went well above the window which was as high as the door. Of course he barked while doing this. It was amazing how fast they would step off the porch.

Ur-spo said...

I like a good poem
thank you for sharing this with us all.