Sunday, July 5, 2009

Look Down - Look Up

There is beauty all around. Where ever you may look. The flowers above are in the vacant lot as you leave from mailing letters. There used to be an ugly building here and now there is this wild spot full of beauty.

In the south part of town we have a Youth Sports Complex ( I did not think Youth Sports would be complex but there you have it) and along the road there are these little spots of beauty. You just have to go slow enough to see them - I think the tall purple flower that is out of focus is a wild onion. I have no way of verifying that but that is what I think, so there.
This is further south near the nursery. I used to go there to vote when I lived in South Ames.
Some of the trees and clouds at the Nursery.
Milkweed - Brings the Monarchs.

Most will drive past without seeing this.


And the clouds today. Over the Complex



My favorite shot. I think it is awesome.

I have been reading. Staying home and reading and not going out. Just reading. I read James Patterson's The 8th Confession; Wilbur Smith's Assegai and Catherine Coulter's Knockout.
And now I started Greg Loomis' The Coptic Secret. Not for me the deep tomes of research and learning. I am on an escapist binge. There are times when things pile up and I just want to escape to other worlds and places and I am enjoying doing so. I worry about things I have no control over. About false friends who are no friends and about what is going to happen with people I love. I worry about how things are piling up on friends and what can I do to help them. I hold all of them in the Light (I did not know that was a Quaker idea - read it in one of the books I just told you about).

I have also been worrying about Bailey. Poor little guy had diarrhea and vomiting. and was very listless and you know he is 15 years old and I know he won't live forever - Fortunately all of that is better. (I found two sets of turds on the floor and they were firm - I was so glad I didn't even scold him.) Tomorrow I am looking forward to meeting with a friend to work on Ritual with him. Hopefully nothing will mess it up. Also the Mediacom folks are coming and in a week I get new carpet. Bailey is being "kenneled" when I leave. I am locking him in the bathroom. I would lock him in with Max but there is a hole in the door that my sister had put in so the cat could go in and out. So they can't be together unless I can get the hole fixed. Since I am getting new carpet I do not want him peeing on it. Seems that is what Yorkies do. Jon thinks I should diaper him but I don't know where to get Yorkie diapers..

Masterpiece Theater just started and they have a new "Miss Marple" and I want to see what she is like. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

4 comments:

Dee said...

I love Catherine Coulter's books. Have you read any of the J.D. Robb books? I've really enjoyed them too.

Dee

John said...

Give Bailey an extra skritch from his eight cousins in eastern Iowa, and tell him to feel better soon!

Nessa said...

I love wild flowers and weeds and Miss Marple.

That last shot is awesome.

Ur-spo said...

lovely photos as always, thank you.
I hope Mr. Bailey gets well soon.