Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,



Confucius said, " There are many different roads in the world, but the destination is the same. There are a hundred different deliberations but the result is one."

I Ching, Appended Remarks 2:5 Adapted
Confucianism

One Universal Creator God, The Name is Truth, Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of the Undying. Beyond Birth, Self-Existent.


Shri Guru Granth Sahib 1:1.1
Sikhism

I have always loved the saying, "There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same."

When Moses met God in the burning bush he asked, "Whom shall I say has sent me?" The answer was I AM. God did not identify himself with a name. He just said I AM. Being conscious of itself. He did not say my name is Tom, Dick, or Harry. He just IS. That being said he could have said "I am Me." or "I am what I am, I am my own creation."

Mankind has always needed the Self-Existent and the comfort of a loving parent, beyond fear and death. All have searched for that Truth and some, when they think they have found it, proceed to tell it to others and some of them try to bend everyone to their way of thinking. My personal preference is to acknowledge God as being and Jesus as the one who came from him to show us how to live and to treat each other. I also feel that He has sent others to show us that same Love and that we still need to learn to listen.

Someday we will, perhaps, get beyond creeds and the divisions they cause and all be able to reach the summit of the mountain and know God as a loving parent for all.

No comments: