Monday, July 13, 2009

Something New

The boys are looking around the living room wondering where all the furniture went.
This is one of the main reasons I had to get new carpet. My little "buddy" has had a problem knowing where to go pee pee. I understand this is a difficulty with Yorkies. They are used to being in a kennel and will just "go" where they want, I have had the carpet cleaned several times but it just kept getting worse and worse. Anyway it was time.
All of the furniture had to be moved. This is my kitchen with everything in it. It is a good thing I don't have to do much cooking.
The new carpet was ordered and first the old carpet had to be removed. They did not like the smell. (I don't blame them)
You can see that the floor boards were stained.
The problem would be that the smell would draw him to do it in the future.
So I went up to Ace to get some KILZ. Bob said that would stop the smell.
Carpet is up and the vacuum is run.
The Kilz was sprayed. Smells better already
First the new pad is put down. It will also keep water from soaking through.
Then the carpet is put down.
Stretched and tacked
You can see that the color is different and the carpet is somewhat industrial and plain but it will not show the dirt like the other one and I like the color. Plain fare but nice.
The "boys" had been locked up in my bedroom all day and were glad when I was able to let them out to wait outside for awhile.

Then they came in and were curious as to what was happening. They are such nice friends.
Cassie came out of the office from where she was locked up all day and she had to check the new carpet out also. She also got really excited and ran around and around. It was fun to watch her.
And the old carpet awaits the garbage guys to come pick it up. It was so smelly that the carpet layer would not take it in his van and I can't say as I blame him. Bailey used to have the run of the house when I was gone. From now on he is going to be locked in either the bathroom or the bedroom Max was always locked up as if he wasn't he would find something (usually a pen) to chew to little pieces.

So now all that has to be done is to get the furniture moved back and put in place. My carpet has a lot of blue in it and my antique chairs have blue velvet and they should look nice with it. But I am in no hurry the TV and the arm chair are in place. I also went to Ankeny tonight to meet with some Lodge Brothers about our Lodge Stated Meeting tonight and eat supper. We had an excellent meeting and now I must do some work for that but I did want to share the carpet which has been laid. (There is something else I could say right now but it would be a flip remark and not polite.) Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, j

Addendum: A tidbit of information shared by Tom Dean (who has os many titles I cannot share them)
James Garner the actor was the first man from Oklahoma who was shot in the
Korean War. He was shot in the buttocks. Prior to the Korean War, Garner
was a carpet layer.
Now you know. Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Plain fare, but such as pilgrims need!