Friday, July 31, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This week's 10 words are: fair warning, hormones, journalism, philanthropist, burgeoning, running the bulls, saturation, tossed in the towel, whine, indelicate details
And for the mini: hard labor, lurid, quick fix, sizable contributions, trumpet



I will spare you the indelicate details, said Phrog, but I long ago gave up on any relationship with Saaarah Salamander. All she seems to be able to do is whine and complain so I tossed in the towel when I had reached the saturation point. I felt like I was constantly running the bulls to be around here. I had been first a burgeoning philanthropist then a journalism major until her hormones kicked in. I give you fair warning. She is a nut case. I would rather do hard labor in a lurid prison camp than to be around her. There is no quick fix to her problems. I have made sizable contributions to the Society so that we can hide out in the underground city. Please don't trumpet our whereabouts to anyone. We don't want her to find us. I am more worried about her than the Dragons, they are relatively benign compared to her."


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: reluctant, sacrilege, territory, humiliating, master of ceremonies, gesture, dirty deed, crumbling, thaw, token


For the mini challenge: official portrait, personal bank account, shoulder bone, unbearable, widow


8 comments:

Nessa said...

I won't tell anyone where you are. That Saaarah Salamander scares me. can I hide too.


Please visit The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

follow me on twitter & facebook

Fandango said...

Let us find your hiding place and we will see who is benign. Soon you should feel the power of the dragon curse.

SouthLakesMom said...

Oohhh...Saaarah...and relatively benign dragons...watch out, Phrog! Love the photos of the caverns too. Nice touch for atmosphere!

Dr.John said...

Poor Saaarah now the object of the wrath of Phrog. It seems that hiding in an underground city should keep Phrog and company fairly safe.
I just love this story.

Raven said...

Saaarah sounds like someone to avoid indeed. Poor Phrog. His troubles never end, do they? Wonderful as always.

HeatherK said...

Good use of the words. Caverns of an underground city, great place to hide.

CJ said...

Ms, Salamander sounds pretty scary to me. I didn't know reptiles got PMS.

Stephen said...

Too bad Phrog has to hide. What will he do if Saaarah Salamander finds him? I enjoyed the story.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/