Friday, July 17, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge: corn pone, delegation, nectarines, happiness, 12 going on 13, prancing horses, magenta, butterflies, fragmentary, arthritis

For the mini challenge: lavender cowboy, over the moon, preparation, zebra, area rug

Order of the Salamanders Newsletter

Greetings fellow Salems, Peace be unto you all.

It is my great pleasure to great you from the Throne of Power. I want to thank all of you for electing me to be your leader. I will do my best to live up to the confidence which the
delegation expressed by electing me. My happiness knows no bounds.

I want to share some plans I have for the coming year. First of all we will again be selling delicious
nectarines to support our charitable endeavours. Our charity this year is the arthritis foundation and so that it will not be a fragmentary effort we will concentrate on that only. We hope to raise a lot of money.

I have decided to make
corn pone the official bread of the Order. The sales of the mix to make them will put our fund raising over the top. In preparation for our 12 going on 13 Ball for our young Salamanders.We though about asking the Dragons if they wanted to attend but they have been so disrespectful of our Order that those plans have been tossed over the moon.

We will also be selling chances on the beautiful hand hooked
area rug made by Miss Sallye Salamander based on a pattern developed by Miss Saydie Salamander. It features a lavender cowboy riding a zebra surrounded by magenta butterflies and prancing horses.We thank the girls for their efforts.

Please plan to attend the weekly meetings. The officers would love to see you at the meetings.

Fraternally,

Phrog


Next week's 10 word challenge will be: riverboat, procrastinaton, drank, demons, invisible, candle, enough, film stars, summer job, computer


For the mini: general demeanor, invisible, masked man, reach, standards

6 comments:

Raven said...

Well done! I know it's wicked of me, but I'm enjoying the feud between the Dragons and the Salamanders. I love how you got rid of that pesky lavender cowboy. Congrats to Phrog.

Dr.John said...

That was as good as it gets. Phrog has come up in the world.
Ilook forward to this every week.

Fandango said...

We Dragons being by nature kind and gentle have decided to take Phrog's friend's comment on our blog as an abject apology from Phrog and have decided to declare an end to the war.
We therefore congratulate Phrog on his nrew and exalted position.

HeatherK said...

Very entertaining...Where can I put my name in for the hooked Area Rug draw. I want it!

Argent said...

Ingenious use of the words this week. Look out for those dragons though, I think they may be annoyed by your references to them.

Stephen said...

It's good that things are going well with Phrog, and that he has a newsletter. I enjoyed reading the story.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/