Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Many paths

I took a test this morning over at Belief-o-matic. It purports to tell you what church (faith community) you should belong to. I am not currently attending a church. I think that is another story for another time and I may never tell it on this blog. But nevertheless here are my results. And some comments.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
I attended this church when my friends got married. I went to the service prior to their wedding. It was OK but it really did not reach out and "touch" me. I know I probably think like them but the service just did not make me want to come back.
2. New Thought (94%)
3. Liberal Quakers (89%)
I would really like to know more about the Quakers.
4. New Age (87%)
5. Scientology (86%)
6. Neo-Pagan (85%)
I have friends who are pagans. I know a little about it and support them in their beliefs.
7. Mahayana Buddhism (81%)
8. Reform Judaism (79%)
I love the Jewish Religion but it would have to be reform for me as I love my bacon too much
9. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (76%)
I was a member of this Church for about 30 years. I still do the blog for the local church and frankly it is the only church I would even consider attending regularly. It spoiled me for other churches. I loved the study and probing and understanding of God (as Spirit, Life, Truth, Love, Soul, Divine Principle, and Mind) that I got from there,
10. Hinduism (76%)
11. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (74%)
And I used to be a Methodist.
12. Taoism (70%)
13. Theravada Buddhism (62%)
14. Secular Humanism (60%)
15. Jainism (60%)
16. Sikhism (60%)
17. Baha'i Faith (57%)
18. Orthodox Quaker (40%)
19. Orthodox Judaism (37%)
20. Islam (33%)
21. Nontheist (27%)
22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (17%)
Absolutely no way
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (17%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (12%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (11%)
Again no way.
Now as to the last two. I love their ritualistic ceremonies and the pageantry and richness of the service but no way could I belong to churches that are as "controlling" of their members.
26. Eastern Orthodox (9%)
27. Roman Catholic (9%)

Take the test here.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

This was very interesting. I'm going to take it and see what i get.