Saturday, July 18, 2009

Trip to Sioux City

Before I could leave town today I needed to go to the bank to make a deposit. (Usually it is the other way around. I noticed a whole bunch of people with cameras walking around the street.
Saw this one dude with a straw hat on and remembered that today was the day for the photo walk and there was our resident photographer. Bob Kelly was leading the group.
So I took a close up and here is the man in white. I told him that this was a "drive by shooting" - I will be anxious to see some of the pictures that he and his group took.
Rick was across the street about a half a block away
And these folks were about a block away looking a little lost. But I must get on the road.

As I drove I took some pictures, These wind generators were "other worldly" There was an entire farm of them up near Rockwell City. I love seeing them. We have a farm near Ames also.
You can see for miles as you drive along Highway 20 on the way to Sioux City. I love the vista and the Loess Hills. Someday I am going to go over there and just drive around and try to take pictures. I really would do better if I had a camera like Bob's - But mine does a pretty good job.
I belong to the Sioux City Lewis and Clark York Rite College as well as the Iowa York Rite College and since I have never made it up to a meeting I wanted to go today. I was very pleased with the quality of the work. The Officers did outstanding work and it was memorized and given with decorum and dignity. I am very glad I went up. Here are the pictures from the event. They met in the Morningside Masonic Temple and I had difficulty finding it but all was well in the end.


And I made it home before dark. It is hard to see but these clouds are pink. I was headed straight south on Highway 35. The sky was orange to my right, pink ahead of me and blue and gray to the left. It was a little like driving in a rainbow. I made good time on both the way up and down. I got 19.3 MPG (Not bad for a ten year old Jeep) and the traffic was light. Thanks for stopping by Hugs, j

No comments: