Friday, July 10, 2009

Racism - Teach Your Children Well

I hate racism. There is only one race. The human race. We are all in this together folks and it is about time we started acting like it.

The recent story on the news about the kids who were asked to leave the country club made my blood boil. I haven't written about it because I knew eventually my blogfriend Dianne over at Forks Off the Moment would address it, and she did. You see she has a son who has a black father so she speaks from experience. (That brings up something else, why is it that children who have one black and one white parent are classed as "black"? half of their genes came from someone who was white.) Anyway, Dianne addressed it and you should read it here.

Addendum. - To be fair I have since heard that this has not been reported correctly. It seems the kids came at a time they were not scheduled to be there and the pool was already full. That would make a better explanation of the "This makes me very uncomfortable" remark if the pool was at capacity and more children came in. Perhaps this was not racism after all. I am willing to believe this was a parent expressing concern for the safety of her children in a crowded situation.

No comments: