Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Diary

We practiced tonight. Got further than we had in the past. - It has been difficult to get the time to study and practice since Kurt has been working so hard and Lyssa has to work some of the nights we had scheduled to work. However we will get there. Kurt wants to do this and the Council needs to have Instructors. Of course we also get off topic - but you know that.




I can be a hard task-master. After all I was a teacher for 38 years. But Kurt is the one who is doing the work. I just hold the book and tell him if he misses a word, syllable or comma. AAfter we went to the World Market and I got some coffee from the Cafe de Monde in New Orleans. It has chicory in in and I will have it for breakfast in the morning and lift my cup to Ur-Spo who reads this blog and who has a birthday tomorrow. Got some other "stuff" also. I like to shop.

It was a busy day for me today. I had to take care of a lot of things on the Internet before the Mediacom guy came to switch me from Qwest DSL to Mediacom. Some people tell me I will be sorry but I don't think so. I am already pleased with the speed at which things load. The Cable Guy told me he had never seen such a speedy connection. I am very pleased and I will save about $40 a month.

I also got the Annual Report done for the Iowa College and the check written and mailed. That is one thing off my plate. It was actually a fairly easy form to fill out.

Bailey is back to normal. He is back to being feisty and fun and not laying around like a lethagarian. I am so very pleased about it. Jo came over and picked up Max and took him for a long walk. In fact I went to Des Moines for practice and we ate at the Macaroni Grill and I beat him home. So it is late and I don't have much to say. Thanks for stopping by. I do know that Bob went out to take some pictures of lilys. He said he took about 600 pictures. I'll bet they are spectacular. ARTYAL. Hugs. j

2 comments:

Nessa said...

I am glad Bailey is back to normal and feeling well.

kt.chris said...

Funny. We switched from Mediacom back to QWEST. Faster connections and less trouble with the computer.But...Ames has 21st century electric connections, and Boone has, well, some designed by Thomas Edison...no matter how well intentioned they were (or are).