Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Here Come the Lilies


From Bob Kelly:
Late June and early July is prime time for lilies, and this collection was nothing short of outstanding. Their caretaker is a retired horticulturalist from ISU, and has been tending to his collection south of Kelley, Iowa for more than 40 years. He loved showing me around and letting me just go where I wanted for nearly two hours!
Yes, I was excited for the opportunities that radiated before me! Narrowing more than 600 images down to these few was difficult indeed. Most of the lilies are Asiatic Lilies of varying colors, and seeing them all was a technicolor dream come true. Enjoy please!!


















2 comments:

Nessa said...

What a great showing.

Raven said...

Gorgeous images... what a joy it must have been to visit all that colorful beauty. Thanks for sharing the photos. You could post more. I know I'd enjoy them.