Saturday, March 3, 2007

Finally

I finally got out of the House today. Went to Polk City for supper. It was a fund raiser for Sylvia Koss who is going to China this summer with a school program. Her mother is our OES District Instructor. I like the whole family and Sylvia is a very lucky girl to have a family that will support her in all of the activities she is involved with.

Driving was not fun. Interstate was semi-ok. Speaking of Semi's there were at least three of them in the ditch along with about 25 cars. One of them was upside down. Mostly today the pavement was clear but there were patches of ice and blowing snow. Then when I turned west it was 100 % snow covered. I was glad to have the 4-wheel drive.

I could have skipped going but really wanted to get out of here after being stuck for three days. It is fine in town but outside of town it wasn't as much fun. I haven not seen snow like this since I was in college.

When I got home I stopped at Hollywood Video and rented movies. There is nothing on TV on Saturday nights. i got one with Maggie Smith. I am a real fan of hers. The first movie I remember her in was "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie." I fell in love with her and have enjoyed her ever since. This one was called "Keeping Mum" and is about a woman (Maggie) released from prison who had killed and dismembered her husband and his lover. I found it delightful and just in case any of you want to rent it I won't put any spoilers in it but the last scene made me laugh out loud.

Now I have "For Your Consideration" on and am probably not going to finish it. Tomorrow I am going to start watching the HBO series "Rome" I rented all five DVD's so over the next few days I will have a veritable Roman Orgy of HBO. It is a good thing I am retired. HBO does good things. I watched Helen Mirren as Elizabeth I earlier this year. It was on two DVD's and She was excellent.

It is more fun to watch the movies than it is to watch regular TV. I get so sick of the commercials - especially the medical one which spend all their time telling you what the side effects could be. The only side effect from those commercials is nausea. Stay warm. j

By the way to leave a comment just click on comments below and then leave your message.

No comments: