Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today

The daffodils perfume the living room and brighten my day. It was probably a good day outside but I didn't know it. I had a package of directories delivered to me today and I had to copy letters and address and stuff the envelopes and send the letters out. Then I had to get the "stuff" ready for tonights Master Mason Degree. There was a lot to do and I got it all done.

We now have a new Master Mason and he received an excellent degree.

Some of you may have noticed that there is a new link on the left-hand side. When I went to church last night Wayne suggested that I do a blog for the church. I put it together last night and he sent me copy for the post. I fixed it up tonight. If you are interested in Christian Science we are having a lecture on April 11. Information is on the blog as well as last night's readings on Rejoice. I hope some of you check it out. If not we will keep putting things up there in the hopes that some people will find it.

I am Second Reader for the Church and I get to read from the Bible on Sundays. It is one of the greatest things I get to do. When I was a teacher I always enjoyed reading to the students. We were supposed to read for 15 minutes a day and many days I read longer. There were certain things I read every year. I started out the year reading "The Hobbit" and at Christmas time I sometimes read Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" and almost always read Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory." That last took about 45 minutes to read and I always chocked up at the end of the story.

So I am going to rejoice for all that is good, for problems solved, for my experience as a teacher and for my Brothers in Lodge. Stay warm and Be Happy.

No comments: