Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday -TGIF - How we become what we become.

I had lunch with Tammy this noon. I used to be envious of the "ladies who lunch" I would see them out to lunch and I would think of my 40 minute lunch hour when I would wolf down something to eat and either meet with a student or check papers or use it for planning. Once is a great while or during the summer I would meet a friend for lunch and would see doctors wives having a leisurely luncheon. Enjoying themselves and visiting. They would take far more that the 30 to 40 minutes we were allowed. Now I have become one of them. Twice this week I have enjoyed my friends at lunch and had nice visits with them.

This afternoon I ran off 100 letters for the Lodge and went over to Dan's to get the labels (and had a nice visit with him) and put them on and sent them out for By-laws changes. All while watching my tape of General Hospital. I don't know why I watch that show but I have been watching it for years. I remember going to lunch with my grandfather at his sister's home and the ladies were discussing a group oa people that had a lot happening in their lives. When I found out it was the people on their soap opera I probably made fun of them. Now I have become them. I used to discuss the soap with Sue, another teacher who watched it also.

Tonight my regular shows were not on so I have been exploring the myriad of other channels on the TV and generally not doing anything productive. My taxes are done. I have to pay a little to the Feds and get back a pretty good chunk from the state. I hate taxes and anything to do with them but they are necessary.

I did laundry tonight. Over the course of the winter Bailey has carried many of his stuffed toys outside where they have sat under snow and being rained upon. So I went out and picked up most of them where he had dropped them and brought them in to be washed. Bailey knew I had them. Watched me put them into the washing machine and sat entranced while they washed. I then transferred themto the dryer where he again watched them until they were dry and when I got them out he checked them all out played with them and has now collapsed in his usual spot leaning against my leg. Life is good. It is warm outside and promises to get warmer. Stay warm and be happy.

No comments: