Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday

I love Thursdays. We get a larger newspaper, the week-end is approaching and it is Lodge night. I gave "my" apron lecture in Lodge tonight and it was well received. We have a new Brother and that is always a good thing. All in all it was a really nice day. I took Jon home from Midas where he had taken his Van because of a tire problem. The "boys" rode along and when Jon got in the car Max jumped from the back seat where he usually rides to get into Jon's lap. He absolutely adores Jonathan and just worships him with his eyes.

I then did my usual looking around the Internet. Found out that you could type your telephone number into the Google search and it works like a reverse look up and gives you the name and a map to where the phone is located. I did it for my number and then did it for Ginny's Bruce but it evidently took me to the person who had the number before him. Fun feature but if you have kids it is kind of scary. Thanks to cousin Tracy for letting me know about this. I may use it when I get a number that I don't know on my caller ID.

Then I got an e-mail which told me about a You Tube movie which tells how the ancients may have built Stonehenge. You can look at it here. Then you can go to the guys site and learn more here.

The daffodils are beginning to bloom in the fron of the house and one of these days I will go out and take a picture of them to share.

I think it is incredible that there are over 900 "hits" on my counter at the bottom of the page. I know that many of them are mine when I publish the blog or edit it but still it is impressive to know that people find my poor musings interesting to look at. Did you know that you can make comments? Just click on comments below and drop me a note. Be nice. Also you can subscribe to the blog and have new entries sent to your in-box.

I enjoy doing this. Hope you are enjoying it also.

3 comments:

Larry said...

I had to tell you again what an awesome job you did with your apron lecture, I loved it. In my opinion it is way better then the other version.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Thanks, It was fun to do it. j

Bob Kelly said...

Hi Jay...I loved the You Tube clips dealing with Stonehenge. I am sure the guy figured out how the ancients did it!! They did have to move those big stones from a quary in Wales over to the site on the Salisbury plain...no small task. I suspect they used log rollers and lubrication in the form of water or animal oils to do the trick! Your blog is much fun and informative!!