Friday, July 11, 2008

Wordzzle

Rules are under the button

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: gouged, symmetrical, Spanish moss, ATV, parallel parking, Luscious, origami, amphibian, turkey, gravy train

And for the Mini Challenge: pouring rain, mastiff, church bells, wedding dress, stock car races


Sallyie put down the telephone and turned to Saydie. “Well the trip to Puget Sound is off, off off!” she said. The stock car races have been canceled and I am not going. I was so looking forward to driving my ATV in the race.”

“Sallyie, let’s go somewhere else,” said Saydie, “I am sure we can think of something perhaps the bull mastiff races in New Orleans would be a good place to go.”

“I don’t mind going there,” stated Sallyie. “I always enjoys the luscious climate. For an amphibian it is perfect!”

“And I love the Spanish moss hanging from the trees. If we are lucky it will be pouring rain and we both love that.” answered Saydie.

“What about it Mr. Phrog, are you willing to drive us there?” queried the girls as each of them worked folding an origami turkey. They were making them to sell along the way to make money to pay for the trip. They did not live on a gravy train after all.

“No,” said the Phrog, “There are church bells in my future and I have to help my fiancĂ©e pick out her wedding dress. Besides the last time I was there I couldn’t find any parallel parking and the side of my car was gouged. It was no longer symmetrical and I had to sell it.”

“Oh,” the girl’s said, “that is exciting, who is the lucky bride?”


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: cardboard box, liquor cabinet, ostrich feathers, longitudinal, hamburger helper, partnership, laundry detergent, magnificent, San Francisco, prognosis

And for the Mini Challenge: worst case scenario, marginalia, water fountain, specialized, fortitude

5 comments:

Raven said...

Congratulations to Mr. Phrog. I love the illustration.... and of course the fact that the sisters love rainy weather. Excellent work, as always. You made it seem easy. I had such a tough time coming up with anything this week. Sigh.

Akelamalu said...

I love the picture and your story is excellent as always. :)

Dianne said...

who is the lucky bride!? I love the illustration also :)

I'm trying very hard to picture the sisters surrounding by racing mastiffs - seems dangerous! lol

Richard said...

Great story and illustration.

Rich

maryt/theteach said...

Great story! I hang on every word...oh well, I'll have to wait til next week!