Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Brunch
















I was invited to Craig's for Sunday Brunch. He had friends from Sun City, AZ driving through for a visit and he thought I would enjoy meeting them. I would say he was correct.

This is Craig on the left and David on the right.

David and Craig were in the Masons together when they both lived in Chicago. It was fun to go there and visit. We had Mimosa's, a wonderful egg casserole, fruit and assorted sweet rolls. It was wonderful and the conversation was also. Although I would guess that the ladies just tolerated us and were polite as we talked about Masonry. That isn't really fair but it happens. It used to be that you would put a couple of teachers together and they would talk education. Now this. I think I shall have to make it a priority not to do that. But actually we did talk about some other things.






These are Craig's dogs. They are wonderful dogs. Thy youngest one and I kind of bonded. She sat at my feet (and no I didn't feed her) and didn't I get the once (or twice) over from Bailey and Max when I got home. About 5 minitues of sniffing my legs. They knew I had been fraternizing.

They seem fine with it now, however.









Craig and Sheila' teenage daughter doing what teenage daughters do best. She just got back from a trip to Japan and is a very lovely girl. Son Jack was also there but he wasn't as interested in hanging around with the old foogies.






Then we went for a drive (in the "Mother Ship" which is what Craig calls his Esclade.) All over Ames. This is some of the new construction going on North of Ames. I saw things I had not seen. Must get out more. This place has a 5 car garage.







I got this picture of the ISU Memorial Union and the Christian Peterson Fountain out in front. (or is it the back since they build a new entrance on the South Side.


It was a wonderful Sunday experience and I enjoyed my time with my Brother and his family and friends very much. To me that is what we (Masons) are all about. Building friendship and Brotherhood. Now if I ever go to Sun City I have someone I know there. ARTYAL, answer your e-mail and give someone a big hug! jcs

1 comment:

kenju said...

My Dad was a Mason and I was in the Rainbow Girls.