Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday - Aren't my Boys Beautiful?


Today has been anti-climatic. After last evening's ceremony (and staying up until 1:00 am to get the pictures up on the on line album) I was really without much energy today. In spite of that I had to accomplish a few things. The "boys" needed to be taken to the groomers and they are beautiful. They do a very nice job at Under One Woof (Isn't that a clever name) and while the kids aren't really crazy about going up there they come back looking so great that I am glad they went.

While they were gone I wrote the minutes for last night's meeting and sent them out, turned in the necessary reports to Grand Lodge (I had a little difficulty there as a couple of the forms aren't working right) because we want to do thing correctly and set up some forms for the new Lodge. The Secretary in a Masonic Lodge has to receive all of the money and pay it to the Treasurer who then has to deposit the money. When bills are due he gets an order from the Secretary and writes out the checks and pays the bills. It is a little convoluted but it leaves a paper trail and allows for the money to all be accounted for. So I made a form for the Warrants and the Cash book. We use Google documents so they can be viewed by those who need to.

Jon and I were visiting and the T.V. was on and I saw something I wanted to watch so I turned the sound up just in time to hear this. "Jessie Helms I will always think of you when I do my laundry and separate my whites and my coloreds." I don't know who came up with that line but it was a great one. I hope that my legacy will be better than that bigot's. Jon helped me to get the pictures of the boys tonight. It is very hard to get them to sit still and take a picture.

Yesterday Jon took Max to the Ledges (read that Mud City) and when he brought him back he was at least ten towels for cleaning. The bottom of my shower was just black this morning. He came over tonight to talk because he is stressed out about thinking of going to Purdue. Stay tuned for what he decides. It is his decision but it is hard to see him go through the process. He spent some time with his friend Nick tonight and the two of them worked out their problems by "babbling" He takes after his Mother like that.
































I went out to the Lodge tonight to be interviewed by Jeremy for a research paper he is doing. It was an interesting experience and I was glad to help out.

Tomorrow I go back down to Des Moines for the Scottish Rite Officers Meeting. The meeting is at 6:00 and I think I will wait and eat something after the meeting (probably alone but that is normal) - I am really looking forward to Saturday when several of us are going to Newton to see the Oklahoma Indian Degree Team.

ARTYAL - Answer Your E-mails, Call your Mother and tell her you love her. Big Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Raven said...

Those are two beautiful, well-coifed puppies. Beautiful photos. I would say to Jon that there are no wrong decisions. Whatever he decides will be the best decision he can make and the right one. I enjoyed your leadership post too.