Thursday, July 31, 2008

Unitarian Forgiveness

As a follow-up to the Post on Hate I want to share this which Fred Anderson Found on Crooks and Liars. It is written by a Unitarian and talks about forgiveness. Go read here.

It ends with this
{...}
So I will choose the hard way. I will try to forgive the Adkissons of the world who have been manipulated and conned into violence. I don’t think I’m quite ready yet to forgive the Coulters and the O’Reillys and the Malkins and the Limbaughs of this world just yet… but I will try to work on not hating them quite as much as I know they hate me. It’s a step. Maybe tomorrow I can do better.
{...}

And if a reminder was ever needed why I am and will always be a Unitarian, it is that during the candlelight service held in memory of those who died, a few of the children who had been performing in the cast of ‘Annie’ broke into song. They sang ‘Tomorrow’, in a heart-wrenching reminder that the sun will come out tomorrow.


Keep these folks in your prayers and look at what happened as a wake-up call to stand against hate and violence. There is too much good in the world to let the haters color our world with red.

1 comment:

Raven said...

Great quote. You might be interested in the letter I wrote to the boy who murdered my sister. It's about half way down the page, I guess.