Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Hindu Temple in Iowa/Beautiful Iowa

So here I am driving to Des Moines for a meeting and decided to take the Western Route and drive down past Madrid. Much nicer than the Interstate. I knew that Iowa had a Hindu Temple and it was South of Madrid but I had never noticed it before. Imagine my surprise when I looked across the field and saw this.

I had my camera with me so I pulled in and took some more pictures. They have recently added the towers front and back. I find them fascinating and beautiful.



As I was leaving there I looked up at the sky and saw these clouds and this Iowa farm right next to the Temple. I wondered what the cows thought who lived near there.

I had been thinking that it is wonderful when you drive out in the country. You see clouds and corn. Iowa is truly beautiful this time of year.
And of course after a very nice time at the meeting and a good visit with friends following the meeting at a smoke-free (thanks to our new law) place I had never been (I had a steak sandwich) I did drive home on the Interstate and took some sunset pictures.


And when I got home I found this panorama from Bob. I love the prairie flowers and the clouds.
It was a beautiful day today. ARTYAL, Call your mother, answer your e-mail and give someone a hug. jcs

1 comment:

Larry said...

I have taken a tour of this building it is very cool