Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday Pictures

The above is an absolutely beautiful picture taken by Bob. It is of Crownvetch. Many years ago Ralph Olson who had been my mother's boss at Doane Agricultural Service moved to the Highway Commission and he was responsible for bringing in the Crownvetch to plant along Iowa Roadways. Crownvetch is particularly adapted to road bank stabilization and erosion control. At the present time this seems to be one of the best uses for the plant. It is a beautiful picture.

I piddled around all day and did not accomplish much but I did go to Target and spent some money before going to York Rite Practice. We are going to put on a couple of our own degrees (with Charlie Smithson's help- thank you very much Charlie) and tonight was our first practice. We basically sat around and read through it so we could get familiar with it again. Following the practice I headed for home and noticed the sky. So I drove around and took some pictures to share. They are below. Most of them are small and you can embiggen them by clicking on them but one of them I put in large. I saw three deer on the way home. Two of them posed for me but I didn't get many good pictures. They just looked at me and kept right on eating, It was a neat little adventure. ARTYAL, Hugs from me. j










No comments: