Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday - Scottish Rite Event




The kids all decided they wanted to sit on my lap this afternoon. They had to share the hands because there were three of them and I only had two hands.



Then this evening Justin and I went to Des Moines for the Scottish Rite University of Freemasonry. This was a very enjoyable Table Lodge at the Royal Mile which is an English Style Pub and I enjoy it. I had the Guinness Pie. Other items available were Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, Fish and Chips.


There is a posting at the Des Moines Consistory Blog about the event. It includes a little movie about the method of toasting.

People come from all over the state for this. There were people there from Council Bluffs and from Iowa City and Cedar Rapids.









This is Justin and Charlie B who were at my table. I had a very nice 18 year old Scotch before dinner. It was wonderful











Kurt sat with us also and he stole my camera so here is a picture of some UOF (moi) that he took.


You can see all the picture on-line here.








This is Ron Lindhart who was our Toast Master of Ceremonies talking to Steve Hall who is Senior Warden of one of my other Lodges.

I got a chance to participate in the program and had a wonderful time with my Brethren. And now I am looking forward to a great week-end with another Table Lodge here in Ames and out to lunch on Friday, a Brunch on Sunday and two movies opening that I want to see. I am turning into a social butterfly. And I have to see the foot doctor and the clinic to have labs run.

Always Remember That You Are Loved, Answer your e-mail and give someone a big HUG - jcs

No comments: