Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Random Rants


May I help you? Tonight I had two experiences with "service" I went to a restaurant and a young man waited on me and he was efficient, pleasant and courteous. I enjoyed the experience very much.

Then I went into a large Department Store (oops not really a department store any more) and the experience was very different. The reason I went was to purchase some cologne. I walked into the store and went to the counter and there was no one there to wait on me so I wandered around a little sampling the various offerings on the counter. I had come to purchase a specific scent that I had found and was looking forward to it. Eventually a frazzled looking person came over to the counter and offered to wait on me. I told her what I wanted and she got it out. The store had a special offer. If you spent a certain amount you would receive a $10 gift card. I had to mention it to her and she couldn't find one in the drawer.

Then she called someone else over to wait on me and told them she couldn't find the cards. And left. I was told by the new person that I would have to take the receipt to customer service to get my gift card. As she was ringing up the sale I decided that no, I did not have to do this. I told her to just forget it. Took my charge card and left. It would have been a $72 sale. I have been treated this way in this store before. One time I had to go and find someone to wait on me and she was putting make-up on and totally let me know that I was unimportant to her. I think this is the last time I shall go there to purchase things.

The store does not care about its customers. So Younker's you have lost me as a customer. One too many times this sort of thing has happened.

I found this picture over at Madpriest's blog. He is an Anglican and has been covering the Lambeth Conference going on right now. The one where they excluded the Bishop of New Hampshire. I am putting it in my picture dictionary to define hypocrisy.

I got a couple of comments on my blogpost on Hate. I found them very appropriate. I thank them for taking the time to write. I don't often find people commenting on my blog. Either because I moderate comments or what I am saying is not worthy of comments. I do appreciate the feedback.

I saw a guy driving his little red car tonight smoking a cigarette, talking on his cell phone and visiting with his girlfriend at the same time. I wonder how much attention he was paying to his driving.

The media is giving John McSame a pass. They hang on his every word. They are more critical of Senator Obama. McSame can lie tell boldface lies and they let it go (except for Andrea Marshall). They seem to think that he will be good for the country. I beg to differ. there is a Web Site called Fact Check that seeks to set the record straight. And it seems to be impartial. It sets the facts straight for both sides. There is a less objective site over at the Jed Report that is less friendly towards McSame. It has a little movie of Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann's take on the media's coverage of the 2008 campaign.

The US Postal Service shall be the subject of my last Rant tonight. I was told by Tom Dean that he had mailed a package to me last Tuesday. It has been a week and it still has not gotten here. He mailed it for O'Fallon, Missouri (I think) and it has had time to get here. A Brother mailed me a check from Newton last week and the letter looked like it had been trough a wringer. One time an old gentleman (Imagine that me calling someone old) came up and handed me a letter he had found in the gutter down the street while he was walking his dog. It contained a check for $150. The cost of the postage goes up and the service goes down.

I have one last gripe. I sent two e-mails out last week asking for information in one of them and not even the courtesy of a reply. In another one I volunteered to do something and again I was ignored. I am really wondering who taught these guys their manners? It takes very little to answer an e-mail and say " sorry, I don't have that information" or "I won't be able to use your services but thanks for volunteering." I think it is just rude not to respond and so I am seriously considering removing them from my address book. I guess I will just figure that I am not someone they want as a friend and let it go. It sure seems that way.

So there you have them - Since I live alone I don't have anyone to gripe to so you get to listen. Thanks for stopping by. Be loved. Hugs, j

3 comments:

Blondie said...

Just wanted to tell you that I hope tomorrow goes better for you! I get irritated by poor service- you did the right thing by leaving the store and not giving them that sale.

Ur-spo said...

try not to let these things 'get' to you.
I wonder how the USPS stays in business though, what with prices and poor service and competition for the work.

Anonymous said...

We live in a society based on "me", not worrying about others. This carries over to the work force as well!

You are no madder about the USPS than I am. To top it off, some of my best friends are postal workers!!!

Tom Dean
Lost in Missouri