Friday, July 4, 2008

Thursday - Lodge Night


I spent most of today getting things put together for the meeting tonight at Lodge. I don't probably have to do as much as I do but I find things go more smoothly if I put in some extra time. All of the money comes to me and I have to get it ready to give to the treasurer and the bills also so that all takes time. Also getting the "pre" minutes ready to go. It makes the meeting go along and I can take my notes and have them ready to type.

I send the minutes out electronically to everyone that I have an e-mail address for and I usually like to have them out the same night or at least the next day.

We elected Kurt into membership in Arcadia tonight and I am proud to have him as one of our members. He wrote about it on his blog tonight. We put him to work right away. We also received three new petitions so it looks like our "vacation is over and we will be back to work starting in August.

Dave and Company had a great supper for us and while I was at Lodge Dave's wife and son cleaned for me. The place looks great. I know that I am going to come home to a clean house on Stated Meeting night.

After I got back I got into a on-line Chat with Kurt, Jeremy and Trevor who is in China right now. It is so strange. He is halfway around the world and living in tomorrow. It was 12:30 PM on July 4 and he was chatting with me at 11:30 July 3. Trevor is over there for a month or so and you can follow his adventures on his blog here. So things are normal around here. Tomorrow I have been invited to watch the parade with Bob and Company and then go out to Bob's for lunch. It sounds like fun. I will take my camera. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Happy Fourth of July to all the blogites that enjoy your blog on a daily basis!

Tom Dean