Saturday, November 15, 2008

Friday Night was a Bust.

Last night was a disappointment. I had expected to continue my birthday celebration with friends but they bailed on me (something better to do came up) and so I had to go to the play by myself. The Little Dog Laughed was well acted and funny but the ending was totally unsatisfactory as far as I was concerned.

You can read about it here also.

On top of that the dinner at my favorite restaurant was not up to par. I had to wait for 7 minutes for the waitress to finish her conversation with people at the next table after she ignored me for the first 4 or 5 and the "cottage fries" were inedible. Perhaps it was just the mood I was in for being stood up. I guess the guys don't consider me a good enough friend to keep an event that we had planned on. I feel like the kid in elementary school who wasn't invited to the party. The Birthday really wasn't all I expected it to be but then I guess I should learn. The cards and good wishes were nice. I guess I should be grateful for that. I am really looking forward to the Table Council in Cedar Rapids this evening. Kurt and I are going over. This is what is in store:
Schedule

6:30 PM Meet in Lodge Room for Conversation and Instructions
7:00 PM Retire to Dining Room to Open Table Council
7:15 PM Festive Board Begins
7:45 PM Entertainment (Between Salad and Main Course Servings)
8:15 PM Passing the Box of Fraternal Assistance
9:00 PM Closing of Table Council

Menu

Appetizer
Prawns with Lemon and Tomato/Horseradish Sauce
Accompanied by Pinot Grigio Wine

Bread
Sourdough Baguettes and Creamery Butter

Soup
Spicy Tomato and Black Bean with Croutons and Sour Cream
Accompanied by Gewürztraminer Wine

Salad
Mixed Field Greens with Berries, Goat Cheese, and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Accompanied by Gewürztraminer

Main Course
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato and Green Beans
Accompanied by Merlot Wine

Cheese and Fruit
Assorted Cheeses with Grapes, Apple Slices, and Water Wafers
Accompanied by Tawny Port

Desert
Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Topping
Accompanied by Coffee
I will take pictures. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm really sorry your friends treated you so shabbily. Happy belated birthday.