Monday, November 10, 2008

Some "feel good" pictures

This was me in 1981 when I was Grand High Priest. I used to have a colored picture of it but I think Mother threw it out. I took this from the black and white one that hangs out at the Temple.
This is the second time I was Worthy Patron of Eastern Star. The lady on the left is my mother. We were Matron and Patron together in 1973. I got installed in a brown suit because my tux pants ripped out on Installation night. I have been Patron nine times.

I found this picture on the Internets. I love the picture. Especially the couple on the right (who are really left). They move into their new home on January 20. The couple moving out were showing them the place. They just called President-elect Obama "the face of America" on Hardball. It made me feel very proud to hear that.
For my birthday (coming up) my sister scanned some old pictures into the computer and made me the neatest card. she sent me the pictures so I could share them This was me in the late 60's after I had lost a whole bunch of weight. I went fishing at the Resort with my uncle Harold and came home with this 14 pound Northern. I have never caught a fish that beg before or since. It was a real thrill.
This was taken later when I had one of my goatees. I had much darker hair then and some on top. My two sisters are in the picture with me. Ginny and Maryjane. Mj is an adopted Sis but I love her just like she was a blood sister.
God I loved being at the lake. Think it shows?
Ginny used to make me shirts. This is one of them.
This is probably the mostest favoritest picture of me that was ever taken. I had dieted and was down to a 38 inch waist. I felt good and could wear horizontal stripes. I am sorry I didn't maintain that weight. But I ate at Quiznos again tonight so perhaps I shall lose weight again. I need to.

Finally this came in the mail today. Two bottles of d'Aristi Xtabentun Honey Liquor. I mentioned on my Blog that I had gotten some Honey Liquor and Don wrote me and told me about this anise flavored Honey Liquor. So I went on-line to investigate it and found it and ordered two bottles of it. (sidebar story: They tried to deliver it on Friday so I waited all day for it to come. It required an adult signature. So there I am waiting and I had to get dressed. As luck would have it the FedEx guy came the minute I turned on the shower. I yelled out the window for him to wait, put the boot on which I have to wear when I walk, threw on my robe and went to the door. - I signed for my bottles. The guy didn't even ask to see an ID to verify that I was an adult. I didn't think I looked that old.) I usually buy myself a birthday present so this year this is the present. I also got a new wine corkscrew and it really works great. I am really celebrating all week. I am going out with Aunt Jo tomorrow, out to eat with Craig on Thursday to a play on Friday, to Cedar Rapids on Saturday and next Monday to lunch with Dallas (who I have not seen for ages). I started the week off with Wayne for coffee and chocolate at Stam this afternoon. Chocolate is a sacrament in the Church of Jay.

Thanks for stopping by, Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs - j-bear.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Good pix. My dad was Worthy Patron twice and My mom was Worthy Matron once.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you were looking good with that hair on top Jay. That WP picture is priceless!

Show us more!
Tom Dean
KofTNN

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Xtabentun. Just remember that the guy in Mexico told me that it would give you visions. He eglected to say how much you had to drink to have a vision. But as sweet as it is, you can't drink a whole olot of it. Sip it in a small glass. No ice.