Friday, November 14, 2008

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

The words for this week's ten word challenge were: palace, hypocrite, canned air, telephone, biscuit, pinball, acorn, customary, fruit juice, waterfall

Mini Challenge: buyer's remorse, lava, haphazard, mildew, soup to nuts

Sarah Jane put the telephone down and picked up a biscuit. She grabbed her customary fruit juice and said that she was going to leave now and go to the palace so that she could play a game of pinball with an Albert Acorn and think about how she was going to keep from being a hypocrite. She was having a case of buyer's remorse as she had purchased a piece of lava from a Hawaiian waterfall and she knew that LiGa would not like that and would probably be monstrous about it again. After all it was a very haphazard thing to do and would probably mean that the canned air that came with it was probably canned in a mildew factory that made everything from soup to nuts.


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: moisturizing, pickles, seat belt, flip-flop, Chicago, allergies, doctor, ready or not here I come, computer programmer, dog biscuits

Mini Challenge: gluttony, mercurial, tennis bracelet, anchor, molten

Addendum:
Akelamalu at Everything and Nothing has pointed out to me that she thinks some or all of the words I posted for next week's Saturday Wordzzle Challenge are repeats, so...... I kind of think she's right but my brain has gone on vacation and doesn't feel like trying to prove it. Still, I think even though this may lead to some amount of chaos, I think I'm going to replace them. If anyone wants to use the ones I posted on Friday, I'm fine with that too.

Here is an alternative set of words for next week:

Ten words: pipe organ, ravages of time, lottery tickets, angelic music, five x five, boxes of books, flattery will get you nowhere, yodelling, pig tails, knitting needles

Mini challenge: canary yellow, grizzly bear, out of the frying pan into the fire, simpleton, Ministry of Crazy Walks

10 comments:

Jeff B said...

You fit them all in a nice compact paragraph. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

You've got to watch taking stuff from Hawaii, Pele gets mad.

Akelamalu said...

Albert Acorn - love it! Concise and well written!

Dr.John said...

Well written as usual but where is Phrog.

bettygram said...

That lava may mean trouble for them. good story in a paragraph.

Melli said...

Short and sweet! Mine are this week too! I hope LiGa doesn't get too upset about the lava. I'm a bit concerned about that canned air though... sounds like IT could spell some trouble!

Raven said...

Very concise this week. I hope that Phrog and the sisters are not retiring. I'm so fond of them, though LiGa has great potential.

Anndi said...

Well done! You worked soup to nuts in there expertly. Kudos!

Dianne said...

uh oh, LiGa is not going to be pleased!! I like new characters taking off in new directions.

I didn't write anything this week, a bit under the gun with a problematic client.

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!