Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hooking Up


This is the printer/copy machine that I got when my old copy machine died (jammed up) I really like it. It is an HP Photosmart.

I did not have it hooked up to my computer as the Epson printer was working just fine but last Thursday it died on me. And I was not a happy camper. You see I do a lot of printing. And I need to be able to print things off for Lodge, etc. I also archive Bailey's Buddy and keep printed copies in several notebooks. (I don't know why I do that but I do- it is probably a delusion that sometime someone will want to read all the drivel I put out.)

So I was having Lunch (yes when I have lunch with Kurt and Shane it is with a capital L) on Friday and talking about it. I asked Kurt what kind of printer he had and he said an HP. So I got to thnking. If he has an HP and he knows more about things like that than I do my HP might work just fine for me. So I talked to him a little about it and Shane seemed to concur so I decided I would try it.

I did not try it right away. I waited until today. I got out the book and downloaded the driver from the Internets (aren't they wonderful?) and I hooked it up to my airport. I had to e-mail Kurt for some additional instructions but he came through....he always does. And I can print again. And it prints beautifully. I printed the minutes of the Stated Meeting and the Bailey's Buddy posts for the notebooks and will soon print the notices of suspension for Lodge. I am a happy camper when things work.

And so I want to say a very special Thank-you to Kurt for his help and encouragement. I might have been able to figure it out for myself but he made my life so much easier. I am blessed. I have a busy week planned and that is one more thing I won't have to worry about. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

3 comments:

Kurt said...

It's always my please to help you out, Jay. It's the least I can do for a friend.

Ur-spo said...

my machine needs to be watched at all times as it plots mischief and has nervous breakdowns.

kenju said...

I have an HP all in one and I like it, except for the fact that the cartridges run out too soon and cost too much to replace!

I was printing out most of my blog posts until I saw how much ink it was taking, and I stopped. I had the idea that my grandchildren might one day read it - but I am just deluding myself, I think....LOL