Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hump Day

I went out to the Vet Clinic today to have coffee with my friend John and meet his new friend Walter. Walter is a Great Pyrenees. John is a human. (Elmo is a toy.) The American Kennel Club site says:
"The Great Pyrenees dog conveys the distinct impression of elegance and unsurpassed beauty combined with great overall size and majesty."
That is certainly true. Walter took one look at me and decided I needed barking at but he soon settled down and we made friends.

John has to bring one of his other friends (he has seven living with him) over to Ames from Mt. Vernon for chemo. Walter is a new resident at John's House of Puppies. John gets his dogs from rescue places and he drove all the way to Indianapolis to pick up Walter. Because he is a rescue dog he has separation anxiety and so John brings him along. I am glad because I fell in love with him. I am so glad to have met him. (and it was good to see John also)- He really is elegant and a beautiful dog. I think Walter enjoyed the scones I picked up at Burgie's to take out almost as much as John and I did.

Then I went to Des Moines to help out in the Scottish Rite Office. They are getting a lot of dues in right now so if I enter them into the Quicken and alphabetize them it helps. I was going down anyway for an Officer's Meeting. (I am not an officer but I take notes) and a reading of the 23rd degree. Then I had a short meeting with Charlie about a project we are working on and Kurt and Phil sat in on it with us. All in all the day was really a great one. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j-bear


No comments: