Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday

I went to the Eye Doctor this morning. I had to be there at 8:00 AM. Not fun but I did it. Dr. Hamousch invited me to be part of a study. Instead of having to put drops in my eyes he would do something else and I would not have to do the drops.

I declined.

It would have involved an injection (with a NEEDLE) into my eye (or close to it - when he said NEEDLE I immediately said NO WAY...). The first thing I imagined was that I would jerk and put the needle right into the eyeball. I just did not think it would be something I wanted to do. And besides I don't like NEEDLES.

Actually when I left the house to go over there I walked out to the car, drove two blocks and then came back home and got my glasses. They are my old glasses because I had lost my newer ones. I have no idea what happened to them. I never wear them around the house. TV is a little fuzzy but it always was fuzzy. They just disappeared - today I ordered the new ones after I met with the doctor. They will come in a week. I don't like to spend the money but I suppose I should. I started out thinking I would get the transition lenses without the lines in the trifocals and the kind that darken in the sun. When I heard the price we went back to something more reasonable (for my pocketbook)

This afternoon I went down to the Consistory Building and worked in the office. I got fifty year certificates and class pictures and some letters to mail ready and did some filing and wrote a mini-bio for one of the men who will be honored at the Reunion this Spring.

Then I went downstairs and attended the York Rite Meeting. I enjoyed myself a lot. We are getting ready for a York Rite Festival on Saturday and I am doing a part I have not done for 30 years. I switched parts so that Charlie can take the part I usually take. He needs it to get the Royal Arch Ritualist Award. I am sure he will do a better job than I do and I just hope I will do all right on my new (old) part. I am not sure whether or not I enjoy doing ritual or not but I am willing to do it to help Charlie get his award.

It was announced tonight that Grand Commander, David Dryer will be the next North Central Department Commander for the North Central Department. He will do a great job and will represent Iowa and the Department well. He will have responsibility for several states and will have charge over an annual meeting of Sir Knights from Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. He will hold this position for three years and I am sure he will do a great job.

I must catch up on things tomorrow night. Lots to do and I need to do it! (don't we all) - But I did have a lot of fun working in the Consistory tonight. They are getting decorated for the Jingle Bell Bash coming up and the place is looking really nice. I ordered ticked for this event for myself and some friends I can't wait to watch the kids when they see the show.

Things are going really well in my life. I hope you are having a great time. I seem to have gotten over being disappointed about last week. Can't dwell on S *^&T. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Fran said...

Hugs right back at you.

Can't dwell on S*^&T? I will try not too... deep sigh.

(the words needle and eye should never be used in the same sentence. ever.)