Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge : France, cold weather, backhoe, light and shadow, Humane society, ambivalent, “Happy Birthday, Sarah Jane,” Martians, Thanksgiving Day Parade, green eyes

Mini Challenge: she’ll be comin' round the mountain when she comes, pumpkin pie, yellow jacket, short-changed, life after 50

Happy Birthday Sarah Jane,” said Sallyie as she walked into the headquarters of the Order of the Salamanders. “I’ve been very busy and have not even had time to contact my sister and tell her to meet me here. I hope she isn’t worried.”

“Oh she is worried,” said Sarah Jane who was pondering life after 50. “She has called her at least twenty times wondering if you had appeared yet.”

“Oh well,” said Sallyie. “I have been to the Opera. The Met put on Doctor Atomic and I just had to see it. She is so ambivalent about my love of Opera that I didn’t tell her I was going.”

“Did you like it?” asked Sarah Jane.

“Oh my yes,” answered Sallyie. “It was staged with an incredible amount of light and shadow. You know, sometimes I feel short-changed when I go to the Opera but not this time. It was marvelous! Now, about the meeting. Did Phrog send other pumpkin pie I ordered for the treats after the meeting and is it big enough.”

“Well it should,” be answered Sarah. It took three men to carry it in.”

“Is that all?” relplied Sallyie. “I ordered a big enough one there should have been four men carrying it. I wanted it big enough to feed all who will be in the Society's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I don’t want anyone to be left out from the treats.. Did Saydie say when she would be here? We have to get thing organized for the meeting” She took off her yellow jacket and picked up the Humane Society brochure on the credenza.

“She said she and Phrog were about to ride the backhoe to France to look for you. She is afraid you have been abducted by Martians. I will call her and tell her you are here. By the way the choir is waiting for you to lead them. I suppose you are going to have them sing SHE’LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COMES to warm up. She flashed her green eyes at Phrog who had just walked through the door with Saydie in tow.”

“Well,” said Phrog, “I just told you that it would be cold weather before we found her. It turned cold and we found her. How is that for my predictions?”


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: palace, hypocrite, canned air, telephone, biscuit, pinball, acorn, customary, fruit juice, waterfall


Mini Challenge: buyer's remorse, lava, haphazard, mildew, soup to nuts

4 comments:

Raven said...

You are so good at this. I love the way you used backhoe, France and Martians in one sentence! Awesome. You should write children's books. You have such a magical sense of whimsy and word play.

Dianne said...

I used to just hear the characters as I read but now I can see them as well.

Such lovely stories each week :)

Akelamalu said...

You have such a great imagination and I echo what Raven said - you SHOULD be writing children's books!

Lu' said...

I wonder how big the can of whipped cream is for that huge pie :)