Thursday, November 13, 2008

The End of the Birthday


The Anniversary of my birth is over. The celebration will continue.  November 13,1941 was the day and today was the celebration day. Of course I celebrate for at least a week.  Tonight was Lodge night but my friend Craig wanted to take me out for supper and that sounded like more fun to me.  We went to my favorite Mexican Restaurant - Cazador's and had a lovely time. 

Craig and I worked together to found the Iowa College Societias Rosicruciana In Civitatibus Foderatis.  We had a lot of fun doing so and became good friends as well as being Masonic Brothers.  It was a very special evening for me and I enjoyed myself. 

Tomorrow I am going to Des Moines to a play (after a Dr.'s appointment) and the next day Kurt and I are going to Cedar Rapids for a Table Lodge.  It should be fun.  I was supposed to go the the play with friends but they decided that they had better plans so they cancelled on me.  I will go by myself. I will probably eat out in Des Moines also.  Not as much fun as if I had someone to go with but I have done it before.  I hear it is a great play.  

The day has been typical cold and rainy and just yucky.  Not much fun weather wise but I have appreciated all the birthday wishes. I got some coupons from Borders in the mail so I "saved" some money on some fiction.  I really think I need to get off the computer so much and read more.  I used to go through a book or two a week.  Now it takes me two or three weeks to go through a book.  Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL, and I guess I am too.  Hug someone. j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, stay on the computer but turn off the TV. Then you can read while waiting for the computer to tell you that you have mail.

The TV is a device designed to keep people from reading books. Probably an invention of the devil. The computer, on the other hand, was the invention of a committee of lesser demons, so it is not (quite) as pernicious.