Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Incredible Meeting


Those of you who have been regular readers of my blog know that I have been grousing about the condition of the York Rite in our state. Today we started something new. The heads of the York Rite Bodies and the future heads of the bodies met together to discuss what we could do to improve things. At Grand Lodge I proposed this meeting to the Heads. They agreed and picked a date. Charlie and Bryce and I met to discuss the strategy for the meeting and ways we could get something started. I recruited Jason and Don Mosier, PGM to help with the meeting.

It was a great meeting. We discussed three essential (fundamental) questions and what we can do in the future to work towards improving things in the York Rite. I have been "fussing" about this meeting for two months. I was worried. I shouldn't have been. I would wake up in the middle of the night worrying about it. I shouldn't have. I wanted it to go well. It did. The discussion was excellent and the Brothers decided on further action and I felt very encouraged. I have a great deal of respect for these guys and I feel that we have started something that will be a very good thing for Iowa York Rite.

We all put our "big necklaces to one side and met as Brothers "on the level" Everybody had a contribution to make and there were a lot of good ideas discussed. I am very grateful that this happened. We have things to do and I feel that we will do it.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of my readers. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

No comments: