Monday, January 26, 2009

Bear's (I mean Boar's) Nests

Last night I began to notice a noise coming from the basement. It was a groaning noise and I began to worry. I have hot water heat in my home and I love it but the boiler is old. (and dirty) I got up this morning and called the boiler guy and now I am $350 poorer and I have a new motor on the boiler.

Such fun. But it could have been a lot worse.


I don't let people come into my house right now unless they are really good friends. My place is a mess.
Jon dropped his computer last night and so I picked him up from school and we took it out to the Connecting Point to see Troy and see if it could be fixed. It could so it is in being fixed. Then he shut his backpack in the door of his car and broke it. He decided he could sew it together and while it would not be adjustable at least he would not have to pay $60 for a new one. So when he said that I took him to the shoe repair guy and his backpack is in being fixed.
Why Men Need Women - Boar's Nest
He then made a fatal error when I took him home. He invited me in to see the new basement that his housemates have just remodeled. It is quite nice but my house no longer looks so bad. I mean I can clean it up in about 10 minutes if I want to.

Jon lives with two guys. They own the house and he rents a room from them. I thought you might like to see the place.

















This is the laundry room and the new sound studio in the basement.







They really have done a nice job.

Jon says the new bathroom will be the nicest one in the housel




Stove needs cleaning Jon!
The upstairs, living room, etc Five (at least) empty Pizza boxes on the dining room table

Reminds me it is supper time. You can click to enlarge and see the detail. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I know. That is why you don't get to see my place until after the carpet is cleaned on Thursday.

Ur-spo said...

dear me
What it needs is attending-to, and plants.