Friday, January 23, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

This week - 10 Word Challenge: air tight seal, bitter cold, draft card, diner, paragon of virtue, broken computer monitor, CPR, a love of folk music, scatter-brained, can of worms

mini challenge: California here I come, Springtime in Alberta, panorama, etchings, miracle foot repair,


Phrog looked over at Rhonda, "No my dear," he said, I have just the place to go. And on the way there we will stop at a couple of places. First to the drug store to get some miracle foot repair and then we can stop over at my condo and I will show you my etchings and I also have a panorama on the wall entitled Springtime in Alberta. I will not tarry long but if you sing 'California here I come', you will be wrong , we are going to Florida."

Sallyie and Saydie (The Salamander sisters) spoke up and said (in unison) "You can't leave! The Annual meeting of the Order of the Salamanders is about to begin and you must preside"

"Oh my," said Phrog, "that does open a can of worms Why am I so scatter-brained? I made special arraingements for the entertainment - I have such a love of folk music that I have three bands coming to play. We will also show this video about the life of Salvadore Dali who died on this day in 1989


In an emergency the band can perform CPR on the guests. They claim that they got into trouble because of a broken computer monitor"

Rhonda said, "OK if that is what is going to happen I will have to find someone else to play with. You are such a paragon of virtue I think I will see who is in the diner." I have to be careful since I burned my draft card."

Phrog said, " don't you feel the bitter cold right now. I am going to call to have an air tight seal installed so that we won't waste energgggggggggy." and with that he fell over into a swoon.

Sallyie and Sadyie looked at each other and said. "Call the Doctor, This has to end. We need Phrog."

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: snow and ice, vegetarian chili, pampered kitty, anthropology, do you own a home, coronation, you can change the world, hideous curtains, stammering, premonitions

Mini Challenge: Is there a doctor in the house, blowing in the breeze, shadows, comedian, sleeping disorder

8 comments:

Raven said...

Poor Phrog! Wonderful as always! Thanks so much to you and Phrog for the video. I had never realized the awesome scope of Dali's talent.

Dr.John said...

Poor Phrog . I hope they save him. Well written as usual. I always enjoy this on going story.

bettygram said...

Hope that Phrog can be revived.
I learned from your video on the Dali talent.

Melli said...

Phrog really is having a heck of a time with health issues this year! I think he needs MORE than a simple foot remedy!

I love Salvador Dali! Always have!

Akelamalu said...

Oh poor Phrog! I hope he's OK, lucky for him the band can perform CPR! ;)

Dianne said...

How fantastic that you incorporated the Dali video so perfectly!!

Phrog worries me at times but he always comes back in triumph

Richard said...

Liked the story and video. Dali was quite a visionary and talent.

Rich

PS and he was about half-wacky as well. That must be what it takes to be that creative.

Anonymous said...

Very skillfully done -- an episode from your continuing story and a bit of cultural education for your readership.

Plus, it's Dali. Gotta love Dali.