Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thought for Today

I got this absolutely beautiful Power Point presentation from my friend Terry, Not sure just where he got it but it is full of beautiful thoughts and pictures and I am going to be sharing some of them with you over the next week or 10 days. (I know spread it out because you don't have anything you want to write about.) I hope you enjoy. This one is why I would rather have a party for someone now or give them flowers now than have a big funeral and talk about someone after they are gone. It is why I do not have a funeral planned after I am gone. Talk about me while I am still here.

If I have forgotten to tell anyone that I loved them today just rest assured that I do.

Jon was over tonight (He discovered that it is icy out) and is still here writing a letter on his computer. He and I watched a predictable movie on Encore and then watched the third Matrix movie. I had seen the first one ages ago and we watched the second one on one of the new movie channels on my set the other night so he brought this one over and we teased Bailey and watched his movie. I think I am going to have to watch all three of them over again back to back. There is a lot to them.

There was one scene towards the end when the sun was coming up over the city and I got to thinking about the Sun and the light it sends our way. It is so bright that we can't look at it directly but we are totally dependent upon it for our energy. Everything we have comes from the Sun. The plants that grow our food make it through a marvelous process called photosynthesis. Every bit of our energy comes to us from this enormous ball of fire and because of the right combination of things we have plants and animals and as a result are able to put "food on our families" (Thank you Mr. Bush for bringing that wonderful statement into the language) - And on top of all of that we have beautiful sunrises and sunsets (which we can look at) to enjoy. Today I went down to Des Moines to help stuff some envelopes for a fund raiser and I missed the sun. The sky was a uniform grey colour (English spelling) and there was also some mist and fog. I kind of like it but I much prefer the blue skies and clouds which we need to have return. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL and give a rose and a kind word to someone and tell them that you love them. Hugs, j-bear

No comments: