Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

Ten Word Challenge is: tuna on rye, ghost hunters, I'm as corny as Kansas in August, sympathetic ear, science fiction, muffler, cavernous, giraffes, prospecting, paraphenalia

Mini Challenge: Key Lime Pie, porcupine, Library of Congress, fingernails, spell-bound



Phrogh looked up at Rhonda. He stared at her as if he were spell-bound. His fingernails had been gnawed down to the quick. He had gnawed on them during the time he was in his coma. "Rhonda my love. Let us leave this place and travel somewhere warm and moist. We can pop over to the Library of Congress and do some research to decide where we want to go. Once we decide we can have some porcupine meatballs with Key Lime Pie for dessert."

"Oh Phrog" she said, "I would prefer tuna on rye, We don't need to check out the Library. I was watching Ghost Hunters last night and the ghosts were singing I'm as corny as Kansas in August. I have a sympathetic ear but this was on the science fiction channel and was raspy and tinny. I wanted to put a muffler on the TV and drop it into a cavernous hole. I would prefer to go to a wild animal park and see the giraffes then we can go to Best sporting supply and get some prospecting paraphenalia to use on our trip. I know just where I want to go."

Next week - 10 Word Challenge: air tight seal, bitter cold, draft card, diner, paragon of virtue, broken computer monitor, CPR, a love of folk music, scatter-brained, can of worms

mini challenge: California here I come, Springtime in Alberta, panorama, etchings, miracle foot repair,

7 comments:

Lu' said...

Jay that read quite smoothly. Nice story. There are two of us serving porcupine. I wonder how may people actually eat it.

Richard said...

Glad to see Phrog and the Salamander sisters back. Porcupine meat balls was a nice touch.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Actually mine are porcupine meatballs. They are meatballs with rice in them - Delicious.

Akelamalu said...

Porcupine meatballs mmmmmm, I wonder what they taste like? LOL

Great stuff as always Jay.

Dianne said...

I often want to put a muffler on the TV and drop it into a cavernous hole! Especially when the news is on.

bettygram said...

We both had the singing ghost. I also like to but a muffler on the TV.

Raven said...

Great, as always. My mother (and therefore I) always made meatloaf using rice. I made a really fine meat loaf in my day. I agree with Dianne about dropping the TV down a cavernous hole... except I'm an addict so I'd probably quickly regret it.