Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Holy Crap it is Cold.

This is not a good picture. But it shows what it is like around here right now. I took it yesterday and there was more snow last night. The snow pile in front of my house is as tall as I am.
I took these down on the flats by 13th Street. I guess it is worse out in the country.
This is the Ames Cemetery. There was a man out digging a grave. It is colder today. I felt sorry for him and anyone who had to go out in this weather. I had to go out to pick up some invitations to mail.
Since I was in the cemetery I got to thinking of the Robert Service Poem. Went out to You Tube and actually found a recording of him reading his poem. I used to read it to the kiddies.


The Cremation of Sam McGee Recited by Robert Service - For more funny videos, click here

Now to tell you about the invitations. We have a Grand Lodge Officer and will have a reception for him in February. I designed an invitation which had to be sent out to about 250 people. I was able to e-mail it to the printer and they had it ready for me so I went to pick them up on Tuesday. I spent about 7 hours stuffing them in the envelopes and labeling them and stamping and sealing them. They went in the mail this morning after I went to the foot doctor. I also sent out a great group of them by e-mail and started working on the program for the event.

In the meantime I filled out a form for the Iowa Workforce Development and filed it and then got yelled at by a rude Brother so I have really decided that I don't need this job. So I am resigning. Masonry is a volunteer organization and I am a volunteer and every year this "Brother" yells at someone about how he does the Lodge taxes for free and so on and so on and hey, I am not going to take it. I have too much self respect for someone to get away with disrespecting me. I am sure I can find enough else to do.

I was only holding it for an interim time until someone else who had agreed to take it over would do it. I hope they find someone, if not so what. I have another secretary job (or two) so I will be busy. Who knows I might be able to finish a book in a shorter period of time. And get my office cleaned up. I am reading "Ths Scandalous Gospel of Jesus" and am finding that I have to read it with a pencil in had to underline and write notes. It is really a good book.

Thanks for listening and for dropping by. I missed out on going to Des Moines today for a meeting but I got a lot done and there is more to do. ARTYAL. Hugs, jcs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. We need to get some people to understand that we are a volunteer organization!

Jerry Marsengill gave me that pin that says........."Don't Yell At Me....I Am A Volunteer"

Good for you!

Tom Dean

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It's cold here too, and Smokey was very uncomfortable when he went out. I hope you and the dogs are staying warm.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Bailey's hind legs ceased to work this morning and I had to step out and pick him up. I held him for about 5 minutes to warm him up. Bone chilling today.