Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stolen from Grandmère Mimi



I fell asleep this afternoon and slept (Duh! for a couple of hours. I think that driving home last night was very stressful and took a lot out of me. I forgot to mention that there was a glaze of ice under the snow and the Interstate was covered with snow and I could not maintain much speed. It took me about an hour when it usually takes a half hour.

It never matters what time I go to sleep. My living alarm clock wakes me by licking my face around 7:45 to 8:00. I thought about going out of the house but decided to wash clothing an avoid the mess that is out there. I listened to the opera on the radio and that was fine. I would have liked to see it but that would have necessitated an effort. I am also in a good book and I wanted to read it.

I am still feeling ambivalent about things. I am really kind of "meetinged out." I am not really looking forward to going to meetings. I would rather be doing something like I did yesterday which makes me feel that I am accomplishing something. Kurt is cataloguing the Scottish Rite Library and I helped. One of the things we discovered were some books with some really nice engravings and pictures in them. Also copies of a magazine called "The Builder" which was published here in Iowa (Arcadia has a Bound set) and loose copies of the New Age Magazine. We sorted some of them 1913 through 1950. (I don't really know why since they have bound volumes. They are filthy from the smoking and 90 some years of dirt and dust and general deterioration. I had to wash my hands several times. But it felt productive and it was nice to work with Kurt and Brandon.

We are supposed to get more "weather" - Perhaps someone would like to give me an all expense paid trip to Key West. (It is one place I would like to visit) I understand it is warm there. Oh well, I guess I will have to be satisfied with the heat from Bailey's Body ( except he doesn't like to snuggle.) I am ready for Spring. And it is a hell of a long way off. Anyway, Thanks for stopping by, Give someone a Hug. ARTYAL, Hugs. jcs

No comments: