Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brother's Canoe Trip/Miscellaneous

Doug and Dave and Steven and maybe some others are going to the Boundary Waters in 46 days. Doug sent this to make me feel envious.
Hi, go to www.gunflint-trail.com and click on the loon on the right side of the page for a nice film. Ben called this AM and is ready to go! Only 46 days! Remember these words, "Man goes into the wilderness, because it's the only place that man is not in charge. There God and mother nature remind you of your true place in the scheme of things. And there is peace and comfort in this place." Doug

It works.

A cartoon for Jo.

Jon is here changing light switches and putting in prairie in my backyard. He is talking about putting in some Black-eyed Susans. He just remembered that one time he was in Minnesota one summer my cousin Chris took him to a prairie to get flowers for her mother. She told him about Black-eyed Susans. I really think that is neat that he would remember that. Chris has was a wonderful person and she loved nature. She volunteered and taught at a nature center in Minnesota before she died. Her memorial and my mother's were donated to that place. We never know what we say and do will live after us. We live on in memories.

In case you are wondering why there was no review of the Civic Center play from last night. Somebody (probably me) made an error. I got down there and was standing in line and looked at my ticket and discovered that the ticket I had was for Friday Night. Now I may have ordered that one but I know I did not order the one they sent me for a Thursday Night and I had to exchange. I can't make any plans for a Thursday Night and I had to fight to get it changed without them charging me more money. But anyway an error was made. I was reminded of the statement "Just because you made a mistake do you think you are one?" The answer is "sometimes" but I will get over it. I will just have to limit what I can do when I go down Friday. I can do both, can't I? ARTYAL, Hugs, j

No comments: