Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great News


Jon has been accepted at Purdue. He may not be able to go until Fall of 2009 but it is a tuition waived program with living expenses. He sounds very excited. If he has to wait a year (there is a chance he could still get in in 2008) he will move into my luxury (Ha) basement apartment.

Jon I am so very proud of you and the young man you have become. I still miss the little guy who wrote poems before he could write (pictograms folks) and who had such a deep sense of what was of worth and value. I know you are going to do great things and I look forward to calling you Dr. Jackson.

In other news George Underwood telephoned. He is to be inducted into the Ames High School Hall of Fame in October and is coming back. That is twice now that the universe has let me know good things. It kind of makes up for some other things.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Congratulations Jon.