Sunday, April 20, 2008

Simply Sunday



A Promise

You really can't see these very well but they are the daffodils in front of my house. In a day or so they will "pop open" and I will go take another picture.

They come up every year and are the promise of summer for me. Now if the trees would just bud I would be very happy.



Concert

This is the United Church of Christ Congregational (where my Aunt Jo and Uncle Dave were married. There was a benefit concert there this afternoon. The Des Moines Gay Men
s Chorus came to Ames and did their program. I had been told to go see it. I was sorry that I could not see it in Des Moines because I went to Craig Ferguson (have I told you about that yet? ) last night and their concert was then. But I have enjoyed their concerts in the past so I decided to go. I am so glad I did. I think it was the best concert that they have given that I have seen. It was to benefit the Good Neighbor and Emergency Residence Project. I used to be president of Good Neighbor but must have fallen between the cracks because they sent me no publicity on it. Anyway I found out about it and I was so glad I could go.

Two good Brothers held the door open as I went in and I sat behind another. Arcadia Lodge was well represented. I also ran into Chris White, Dinah and Bob and some other folks I knew. Besides a good concert it was fun to connect with them again.

Then when it was over it was time to eat so I went down to Carlos O'Kellys. I do not know why I went there. I never eat there - I don't know why, just never think of it. Anyway as I was heading in I ran into Jean and Bob Koss from Polk City. Jean is our Eastern Star District Instructor and I invited myself to join them and we had a great time and good conversation. Serendipitous and totally enjoyable. Sometimes the Universe just "nudges" us and we have to listen and when we do good things happen. I hope they enjoyed eating with me as much as I enjoyed being with them.

Speaking of OES. I got an e-mail from the Eastern Star Web Master. He told me that he has re-done the OES Web Site which I could never get to work and it should be "Mac" compatible now. So I went over to the site and checked it out. It works great. Go here to take a look.

When I got home there was a message from Jon on the answering machine, He has lost his cell phone. Tomorrow we will have to get him another one. Such is life and the way things happen. ARTYAL, Big Hugs, j-bear.

No comments: