Friday, April 18, 2008

The Tradewinds

I had lunch with Craig and Doug at the Tradewinds today.

My friend Steve Sosbe is the owner/Chief and it is a really great place to go for lunch.



Steve told me that I caught him at a "bad hair day" but he let me take his picture anyway. I also caught Lauren (below) unawares. The two of them have things ready for the lunch crowd and the food is really good.
Friday you get Meat Loaf, baked beans and (real) mashed potatoes and gravy. It is out of this world. You can also get a terrific tenderloin that will fill you up. It is hard to make a decision
We enjoyed ourselves and Doug and Craig talked investments and stock (over my head) and then of course, we discussed Masonry. Craig moved here from Chicago a couple of years ago and you have met him previously on this blog. He is a great friend as well as being a Brother and I was glad Doug had read that we were having lunch together and called to see if he could join us. He is a pretty terrific guy but don't tell him I said so. It might go to his head. They actually both are great guys.
I highly recommend the Tradewinds as a place for a good lunch and conversation.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

i try to patronize unique and 'homestyle' places like this when ever I can.
here in Phoenix we have mostly chain restaurants which are sinister.