Monday, April 21, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I went to a movie tonight.
In Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Peter (Jason Segel) breaks up with his TV star girlfriend, Sarah (Kristen Bell). After being a mess for weeks, he decides to take a vacation to Hawaii and stay at an exclusive resort. The only problem is that Sarah is staying at the resort too with her new boyfriend, rock star Aldous Snow (Russell Brand).

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I have been seeing Jason Segel on the talk show circuit talking about the show which he wrote as well as starred in. One of the stories he told about was his mother's reaction to his full frontal nudity. She called friends and relatives and told them "at least it wasn't gratuitous." He hadn't told her about appearing nude in the movie.

There was some sophomoric humor in it but it made me laugh and it fit in.

I do have to say that the supporting actress who played Rachel (Mila Kunis) was my favorite part of the whole show. Her dark beauty and her acting ability (rather than just star power) really made her the most believable character in the film. I hope to see her in more films in the future.

All in all it was a great flick and I recommend seeing it. There are several films playing right now that I want to see. I hope I can get time to see them.

IN other News:
Jon was over today. We have to go up and get him a replacement cell phone because he lost his while he was out in the prairie yesterday. Max gets his rabies shot tomorrow. Brenda comes to the house to give him his shot and it is much nicer for him. She is so good with the dogs.

Tomorrow is Earth Day. I used to have my kids do an "Improve Your Environment" project. I think I will have to improve my environment and clean up in the office tomorrow. I know I should plant something.

Senator Obama is on Jon Stewart right now. Stewart asked him some good questions. I am more and more impressed with this man and the way he handles himself. He exhibits a great sense of humor and the more I see the more I want him to be president.

ARTYAL, Hugs - j-bear
P.S. Someone sent me this picture of Michaelangelo's David after his return from a trip to America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just started reading barack's first book "dreams from my father." it is very interesting and beautifully written. i think he has a fine mind and a beautiful spirit.