Friday, April 4, 2008

Coming Soon


I think it is starting. I can begin to see green in (whats left of) the grass in my lawn. The Lodge got a bid on lawn mowing the other night.

This is my favorite time of year. I have written several poems about spring which reside on my poetry blog.

The "boys" want to be outside. They could be out there all day if Max didn't bark so much. Even Cassie is desiring a chance to escape. She loves to spend time on the porch.

In addition some events I am looking forward to this month are:
  1. La Boheme at the Theater tomorrow. This is one of my favorite operas.
  2. A Stage West Play at the Civic Center tomorrow night - I understand it is a 90 minute dark comedy.
  3. Tuesday I have a ticket to the Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Civic Center.
  4. The 11th and 12th are the final two days of the Spring Reunion at the Scottish Rite
  5. On the 19th Matt and I are going to see Craig Ferguson at Hoyt Sherman Place.
  6. On the 26th there is a York Rite Festival in Des Moines and the Research Lodge Meeting (I am going to miss an Opera that day.)
In addition there are stated meetings and Ascension Services and VIESHEA (which I willl probably ignore) but best of all the flowers will soon return. Jon is going to plant some wild flowers in the prairie so I will enjoy that.

I lucked onto a new person to mow for me this summer. He is the son of one of my actors from when I directed Pinocchio for Children's Theater (aeons ago) and so that is taken care of.

I need to get up to Aunt Jo's to help her with her computer. Perhaps Monday or Tuesday. And I have started a new book. I am reading Kate Jacob's The Friday Night Knitting Club. It is "Like Steel Magnolias set in Manhattan" and I am really liking it. I am only on page 34 but I am already caught up in the story. I noticed that it was on the Best Seller list already. I am also loking forward to having 'some' of the TV shows back on television.

I used to have my kids make goals. I am too busy to make any goals but I want to
  1. Find a new desk
  2. Bring up books and bookshelves from downstairs
  3. Bring up the chest from downstairs
  4. Bring up the four drawer file from there
  5. Catch up on reading and organizing.
But I will probably be too busy blogging and reading blogs to get them all done. (and I will need help getting things upstairs) Also I have a new challenge each week. Raven's Wordzzle has to be written and turned in. This is my offering for this week.

Ten Word Challenge
Mini Challenge Words

Shylock opened the door to his shop. He sold frozen fruitcakes and hog-wild fern fritters. (They were tasty but a disagreeable effluvia issued forth from them so that you had to hold your nose while eating them.) No one was there waiting and as he looked across the marshland he noticed that his neighbor the necromancer AKA as the Lone Ranger (who was plaintiff in a lawsuit regarding the history of the use of gibberish on phonograph recordings of incapacitated myrmidons who would follow him anywhere was nowhere to be seen. Disappointed he shrugged his shoulders and went back inside to play with his pet salamanders.
It is a challenge to fit in all of the words. Instead of doing two challenges I combine them both and put in all of the words. The pet salamanders were in last week's challenge and I have decided to try and work them all into one story. Hey, it is kind of fun and I made a new friend through doing it. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

4 comments:

Raven said...

Brilliant wordzzle as always... when you get a moment, stop by Raven's Nest and look for a post called Honored. You are mentioned there.

Akelamalu said...

Very clever! I tried a megawordzzle today too. :)

Anonymous said...

Jay, nice job! I'm new to Raven's wordzzle so I'm reading everybody's and learning so much! Mine's up at Answers to the Questions :)

Dianne said...

you were the first to mega-wordzzle and you are the master!

and I love that the salamanders made a repeat appearance.

beautiful photo up top!