Saturday, April 12, 2008

Scottish Rite Saturday

OK, Here I am at the Scottish Rite in Des Moines. Phil grabbed the camera and took this picture. (I cropped it so my butt wouldn't show) I had a great time and I took a lot of pictures. The camera is still absolutely wonderful and I even experimented with taking a movie of the Double Eagle Chorus and the String Quartet. You can find them on the Conisitory Blog.
Kurt and Lissa
Jim Ford and his wife (Sorry Jim I didn't get your wife's name.) Jim belongs to Acanthus and he has seldom let me take his picture. It has been a running joke. He always puts his hand up. tonight I got to snap him and his lovely lady with no hassle. Thanks guys it is a great photo.

And here are Mr. and Mrs. Justin Dodge. Married one week ago in Las Vegas. I keep telling Justin just how very fortunate he is.

Several years ago I sort of "dropped out" of attending the Scottish Rite. I joined in 1976, a member of the Bicentennial class and then I got busy elsewhere and kind of lost interest in going. There was always something else scheduled and I was teaching full time. Now that I am retired they have found a place for me resident Paparazzi and blogger. I have even been invited to come to the Officers meetings and take notes for the newsletter. But people are getting used to having their picture taken and will stop and pose and smile. Well most of them anyway. It has taken a couple of hours to upload about 200 photos from this afternoon. Go here to see them. You know I never would have done that if I was still using film. This way I can publish them to an on-line photo album and they can be shared. And I am finding that the Sottish Rite Masons (just like the York Rite Masons) are there to learn and grow and most of all have fun together. This has been a great week for me. Next week looks busy also. the boys are going to be groomed on Tuesday and I promise new pictures. Have a great Sunday and God Bless. Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs, jbear

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, if your butt was showing in that picture, you must have been terribly uncomfortable. I didn't know you back was that flexible.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I was dancing. :~)

Anonymous said...

With the stars, no doubt.

(That would be with one of those stars that don't give a damn from an earlier quoted piece of poetry.)

Blondie said...

Thanks for the picture, Jay- love it!

-Lyssa