Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Bunny Adventure/Lunch/Fussing



The other day Jonathan took Max to a park in Northeast Iowa. He came back loaded with ticks. and now has been treated with Frontline. He was not in favor of this treatment. When he saw me getting it ready he took off for the office and hid under the desk. Needless to say he did get treated as did Bailey. I despise ticks. Jonathan had pulled off 30 some ticks from him before the treatment.

When I got up Monday morning there was a note on the door about Max chasing rabbits at midnight. This morning I heard Bailey with a different type of bark and went out and found both him and Max hovering over two little bunny rabbits cowering in the window well.

Rabbit Hero to the Rescue

I grabbed my stick and rushed outside to keep the dogs away from the rabbits. Then I went to the garage and got a wooden fruit box of my sisters and dressed only in my robe went outside (the dogs inside) and lowered the box into the well. I gently guided one of the bunnies into the box and lifted him out. Then the second one was rescued. I am glad I have a private back yard as I am sure my flesh colored robe looked like I was streaking.

I had not slept well last night. I had trouble getting to sleep and woke up at 6:00 AM. Fussing about things I should not be as usual, but that is the nature of my beast. I worry about things I should probably not worry about. Usually whether or not I have offended someone.

I had lunch with my friend Dallas today and she was good for me. It has been far too long since I have seen her. The best news is that she is going to be a grandma. Babies are gifts from God and come into the world loved and they are a true blessing. I think my biggest regret is never having a child of my own. So I adopt other people's kids. I am very grateful to them for sharing them.

2 comments:

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry said...

You in your robe was not a mental picture I really needed :-)