Monday, May 28, 2007

Licorice Memories







My grandmother first turned me on to the delights of Black Jack gum. It was a licorice flavored gum and she carried it in her purse and would share a stick with me. It was delicious.

I recently became aware that a friend of mine had a taste for licorice and I asked him if he remembered Black Jack Gum. He did and I decided that I would get some. I went out on the Internets and discovered that they had ceased to make it. However I did find a candy company in California that still had some so I ordered some. It came and I had fun sharing the gum with him.

However I did re-develop a taste for licorice and tonight I went through the candy aisle at HyVee to see if I could find some. I was able to get some Licorice Twists and had several of them. I was amazed that there wasn't much available other than the Twists. Mostly chocolate and mints. I can remember getting some licorice at the movie theater. I shall have to look the next time I go. I am not as nuts about it as my friend but I do like it and having some brought back some memories.

Not much happened today. I continued to read the book and Ginny and Bruce were over as was Jonathan who has taken Max to the woods to capture more ticks. He pulled another one off of him this afternoon. Tonight I am watching the last two DVD's I have rented and tomorrow getting ready for Texas begins in earnest.

A beautiful day. Keep Happy. Hugs. j

No comments: