Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hump day musings


I was going to write a poem today but it was not a good one. Lately none of them seem to be worth the electrons they are written on. So I trashed it. It was all about feeling sorry for myself (again) and I don’t so it wasn’t coming well. Usually a poem writes itself.

I had to go to Des Moines today to pick up my tux pants. Gas was 20 cents a gallon cheaper at Costco than it is in Ames. I am slowly getting ready for the trip to Texas. I do plan on taking the computer with me so I will probably be able to blog.

I got the petition from the young man today on my way out of town. He had seen the emblems on my car and I now can say that my car emblem and my belt buckle have both brought in Masons. Of course, I no longer wear the belt buckle as the belt I have now does not allow me to exchange buckles. Next year's Grand Master is working on a project to have Masonic License Plates. I have seen them in other states (See above)and look forward to getting one.

We have a degree tomorrow night and then a week from Thursday the Secretary Emeritus is going to sub for me. (I still have to have everything ready)

I checked the number of pills I have and discovered that I need to have the prescription filled before I go so I have to do that. There was a problem with the prescription so I am not able to get it at the time I wanted to but it seems to be OK now and I can pick it up. The maddening thing is that you have to push buttons and go through computer menus every time you call in. Sometimes you just want to deal with a person. By the time you get to a person you can be very frustrated (at least I can).

Max and Bailey’s barking will NOT be missed. They have both been barking at every little thing today. Of course it is so nice out that I have the windows open so they hear everything. The lady next door moved to a retirement community in Ft. Dodge so her house is vacant – except for the men who are working over there clearing things out. I don’t know what she had in there but they have taken two of the huge double sized dumpsters out of there. They have emptied it twice and are working on filling it up a third time. Of course they started this morning at 6:30 AM and that started the dogs barking. Who needs an alarm clock when you have Bailey and Max. Oh well, I would miss them.

I am sure they are throwing some “good stuff” out but I already have enough “good stuff.”

It is raining and thundering outside so Bailey thinks he has to bark at everything. I must go out soon to pick up my pills and my cleaning. Tomorrow I pack. I always hate that part of going someplace. I have been invited to come to Indianapolis to attend a Lodge meeting. He didn’t tell me what time it meets but it would be fun to go. I think they wear Tux to meeting and eat at a fine restaurant and have toasts. I am tempted. Long way to go. Perhaps if the price of gas comes down?? Be Loved. Hugs.

3 comments:

Larry said...

I think masonic plates would be cool. I have been jealous of the shriner plates.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I understand they have to have 500 orders before they will get them I would get one.

Anonymous said...

Would that be Lodge Vitruvian in Indianapolis? I believe it is an experimental European style lodge...